If you can DREAM it, you can ACHIEVE it.
This early, I am already claiming this blessing. Finally decided to stop pining and stalking SkyScanner like mad without doing anything at all. Mad planning for Osaka begins now!
Some background information about Osaka (other than it’s the location of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter):
“Osaka is located on the main island of Honshu, roughly in the center of Japan. Osaka City, which was incorporated in 1889, has a population of 2.6 million and an area of 221 square kilometers. Osaka Prefecture, which includes Osaka City (its capital) and 42 other municipalities, has a population of 8.8 million and a total land mass of about 1,890 square kilometers. Although Osaka is Japan’s second smallest prefecture by size, its population represents 7% of the entire nation, making it the second most populous prefecture after Tokyo. Furthermore, 15.6% of all non-Japanese residents live in Osaka.”– from www.osaka-info.jp
Goal settings for this trip:
1. Fare for the Hub and I – budget for the plane fare should only be PHP9,000 all in per pax, return; for a total of PHP18,000
2. Length of stay – goal of one week (in order to have time to see Kyoto, and if the Hub will get enticed, fly via Peach Airline to Tokyo and stay there for 3 days)
3. Accommodation – AirBnB or hostels along the central area, with a budget of PHP3,000 per night for a full room = PHP21,000
4. Target sights – take advantage of what is offered through the Osaka One-day or Two-day pass:
Obvious destinations include: Universal Studios Japan for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; Osaka Castle, Tombori River Cruise, Osaka Zoo, among many others. Also includes quick jaunts to Kyoto and nearby areas.
5. Budget for two persons for 7 days: PHP70,000 (or PHP35,000 each) excluding airfare!
Let the planning begin!